it is no longer friday, but we blame the weather, and cheerfully ask the mighty iPod one: will the bears come out to play on monday?
Whoosh goes the randomizer.
- The Covering: Mathematically Safe - Half Man Half Biscuit
- The Crossing: Teenage Kicks - Undertones
- The Crown: Melbourne Mambo - Mavericks
- The Root: Hey Mr Yesterday - Jimmy Cliff
- The Past:Star Light, Star Bright
- The Future: Streets of Sorrow/Birmingham Six - Pogues
- The Questioner: Breaking News - Half Man Half Biscuit
- The House: M-6-ster - Half Man Half Biscuit
- The Inside: The Sun and The Rain - Madness
- The Outcome: Atmosphere - Joy Division
Ouch. That is the most brilliant Covering I have ever seen.
The Future is scary. The Questioner hilarious.
The Crown... hmm... do the ozzie markets open first?
The Outcome depressing.
See the danger,
Don't walk away
Although not confirmed, we are led to understand that those already charged include:
Bus drivers who don't wait for people to sit down before pulling away from the bus stop;
Taxi drivers who use their horns instead of knocking on the door;
People who moan at the council about the streets being full of litter, not stopping to think that it is people who drop litter, not the council;
A room full of drama teachers listening to Björk;
Grown men with replica shirts worn over their jumpers, who stand up and stretch out their arms when the opposing team fail to hit the target;
An assortment of scriptwriters, novelists and playwrights who own Agas but don't know how to use them;
A musical equipment reviewer responsible for an article titled "Microphone of the Month";
A woman who described herself as "A little bit Bridget, a little bit Ally, a little bit Sex In The City"
and chose to call her baby boy Fred as a childishly rebellious attempt at a clever reaction to those who might have expected her to call him Julian or Rupert.
Bit of advice: call him Rupert, it fits, and besides it's a good name.
Don't be calling him Fred or Archie, with all its cheeky but lovable working class scamp connotations,
unless you really do have plans for him to spend his life in William Hills waiting for them to weigh in at Newton Abbott.