Today is Blog Day, which means we're supposed to suggest five new blogs so our readers can expand their horizons. I think I'm going to end up linking to more than five blogs. Here goes:
- The Anterior Commisure discusses the science surrounding sex and mating, in both humans and other organisms. Really fascinating stuff. I just discovered this blog a couple weeks ago, and I'm loving it.
- Issues in the Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science has a very descriptive title. It offers in-depth philosophical musings informed by science.
- Music Matters is an excellent blog about music and cognition by the insightful Henkjan Honing.
- The Other 95% isn't technically a psychology or CogSci blog, but it's still a great read, and a wonderful way to learn about invertebrates.
- A Brain in a Vat. Nice neuroscience blog, with nice mix of posts about news and peer-reviewed research.
- Collision Detection. Science and technology writer Clive Thompson probably doesn't need any more publicity, but he's got a great blog. Check it out!
- Neuromarketing. This blog sounded like a bad idea to me until I started reading it. Even if you're not a fan of marketing (or neuroscience, for that matter), you'll like this blog.
- Not Exactly Rocket Science is a wide-ranging blog that often covers psychology and neuroscience.
I've added all these blogs to my blogroll and my RSS reader. You should too.
what nice words - glad you found me :)
Hey - thanks for recommending my blog :-)
Thank for the link! Nothing wrong about being multi-inter-disciplinary.
You may also be interested in the CogSciTech at MindMods - it is about two weeks old.
Thanks for the link!
Thanks for the plug; There's no cognition like music cognition.