This collection of posts is only the tip of the iceberg of reaction to the ongoing controversy at the University of Virginia. For more, see the first item in the list for a digital archive.
I consider this particular crisis a very interesting one to follow, one with implications for all universities and similar in scope and importance as the McMaster and Harvard Libraries controversies were for libraries. I guess I'll have to come up with one of these posts for the Harvard reorganization too. The current crisis at the Library and Archives Canada seems to have larger implications as well, so there's another topic where I may do a compilation post.
- Teresa Sullivan’s Resignation: collecting a digital archive & archive here
- All Hell Breaks Loose at the Professional-Managerial Divide: University of Virginia Edition
- 'Hoo Makes the Call? UVa president's ouster centers on disagreement in pace of change
- Lessons From Virginia
- UVA Board's Lazy Business Sense
- UVa, the Cult of Change, and the Uses of Fear
- Strategic Whatnow?
- Teresa Sullivan University Of Virginia Ouster Led By Political Donors Lacking Academic Experience
- Comp. Sci. Prof. William Wulf’s resignation letter
- “Strategic Dynamism” at the University of Virginia: Implications for Scholarly Communication?
- No Easy Job: U.Va.'s interim president addresses challenges for the first time
- The UVa Case as Higher Education's Mount Tabor
- reality bytes
- UVa Creates Archive Documenting Sullivan’s Resignation
- UVa board set to meet, could well reinstate Sullivan
- Rector Dragas statement on University challenges, Sullivan resignation
- Going Another Round? UVa board poised to reappoint ousted president, but not without objection
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Decline and Fall of a Public University: How Status Anxiety Doomed the University of Virginia
- Statement from 10 of UVA's 11 school deans
- Strategic Mumblespeak: Er, UVA’s Teresa Sullivan was fired for what?
- The University of Virginia and the Moneychangers in the Temple
- Did Paul Tudor Jones Help Take Down The President of UVA?
- E-mails show UVa board wanted a big online push: McLuhan rolls over in grave
- To Fight for the Truth
- Deans’ Message: Reinstate Terry Sullivan
- Timeline: A Frenetic Fortnight for Teresa Sullivan and UVa
- Virginia Echoes Harvard as Faculty Rises Up to Rehire President
- High Noon at the Rotunda
- In Praise of Incrementalism
- On Online Teaching and the UVa — the long(er) version of why the BoV has its collective head up its collective arse
- Servant of Two Masters: Questions about U.Va.'s COO Strine show complicated loyalties of administrators
- Dragas shrugged: Defiant rector hires PR firm
- Statement of Faculty Senate Executive Council Concerning Meeting with Rector Dragas
I may redo this list chronologically at some point, but not right now.
Thanks for linking to the Wall Street Job Report! This is a great list of references.
Thanks for this glorious article. Yet another thing to mention is that the majority of digital cameras are available equipped with a new zoom lens that permits more or less of any scene for being included by means of zooming' in and out. These types of changes in concentration length usually are reflected while in the viewfinder and on big display screen right at the back of the exact camera.