Kalamari Rings Ain't Calamari

Say you're in Australia. You go to the store. You pick up some Kalamari crumbed seafood rings. The 'K' throws you but you suspect the product is still calamari, which is very popular in your country. Hopefully, you even know that means squid. You've been duped!

Austrimi Seafoods must drop the name Kalamari crumbed seafood rings, to avoid giving buyers the impression that the product mainly contains calamari rings. Only 4 per cent of the product contained squid according to the ingredients list, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission said. The real question: what was the other 96 percent? Read more in the Australian Herald today.

More like this