A week's worth of volcano news in one sitting, thanks to the USGS and Smithsonian Inst.'s Global Volcanism Program.
Thanks again, Sally Kuhn Sennert for putting it together!
This week's highlights include:
- Small ash column spotted at Manam, Papua New Guinea. We talked about Manam not too long ago.
- More details of the ongoing submarine eruption at West Mata in the Mariana Islands.
- The lava dome continues to grow on Redoubt, Alaska with no real collapse yet.
- Pilots spotted small (2.1 km / 7,000 foot) steam/ash plumes at Suwanosejima, Japan.
- 5-6 km / 18-25,000 foot ash plumes were produced by Ubinas in Peru.