Thanks, Cheri, for making me smile.
Reasons that it is good to be a woman:
1. We got off the Titanic first.
2. We can scare male bosses with the mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
3. Taxis stop for us.
4. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
5. No fashion faux pas we make could ever rival the Speedo.
6. We don't have to look at the opposite sex to amuse ourselves.
7. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we know that we will look like an idiot.
13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren't listening anyway.
Geese, can't I even get a smoke without all you guys making fun of me!!
yes, the photo is what charmed me. i am not sure if i will ever have that sort of courage, though!
I've actually seen this woman in Havana. There are a handful of characters in the city that are purposely, outrageously photogenic. They take a few bucks in exchange for you being able to take their pictures.
hey, that's very interesting, nuthatch! did you take any pictures of her or her colleagues when you were there? if so, would you consider sharing them on your blog?
I have one pretty good one of another woman (composition-wise), but it needs to be tinkered with by someone with more photoshop skills than I have for some exposure issues. If you search Google images for "cuba woman with cigar" you'll see your gal plenty of times; mine is the one shown in a red head scarf in a parade!