Are you a talented artist that loves science? The USA Science & Engineering Festival is looking for a Mascot and we need YOUR help to design the new face of the largest celebration of science and engineering!
We are looking for a mascot design that captures the spirit of the USA Science & Engineering Festival! The mascot will transcend our love of all things STEM and will be something or someone that will excite others about our mission! Our mission is to re-invigorate the interest of our nation's youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by producing and presenting the most compelling, exciting, educational and entertaining science festival in the United States. The winning mascot design will represent our mission as well as innovation, discovery, curiosity and the incredible world of STEM.
How it works- you send us your design and our team will make the mascot come alive! You can create your mascot design in whatever medium you would like - draw, paint, design using a program, but all submissions must be uploaded as a JPG or PDF. We will use the mascot to promote the USA Science & Engineering Festival and we will also have the mascot appear at the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival! Your design could be seen by over a million people!
Guidelines for USA Science & Engineering Mascot Design:
• Appealing to both children and adults
• Exciting, eye catching and memorable (Examples: Sid the Science Kid, Mrs. Frizzle, Count from Sesame Street)
• Design must be fun!
• Friendly looking and something/someone that will get Festival attendees pumped up about STEM
• Mascot must represent something/someone that both children and adults will understand (at least 2nd grade science level)
• USA Science & Engineering Festival reserves the right to alter the mascot design
• Please include a Mascot name with your design
• Mascot Deadline will be April 1, 2013 11:59 PM PST
Click here to submit your design and learn about the awesome prizes the contest winner will be receiving! Click on the Mascot Contest Icon on our Facebook Page right next to our "Likes" button.