I only just noticed that Janet tagged me with the 5 Things meme. Here we go...
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
- Absolutely despising high school
- Taekwondo (2nd degree black belt)
- Being an emo kid before I even knew what that was
- Learning how to drive
- Playing DOOM
5 Things On My To-Do List Today:
- Work an 8-hour day
- Brave the grocery store with Mrs. Laelaps
- Tidy up the sections of the human evolution chapter about "Ramapithecus," Miocene apes, Louis Leakey, W.E. le Gros Clark's study of australopithecines, etc.
- Start reading The Lions of Tsavo
- Find more papers about chimpanzee infanticide for a term paper I have to write
5 Snacks I Love:
- Grasshopper cookies
- Brie and crackers (with wine)
- Chips and salsa
5 Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire:
- Pay off my college debt!
- Donate a bunch to different charities and non-profit organizations (I could finally start giving some money to NPR!)
- Move out of my dark, cramped, and depressing apartment
- Travel to do some wildlife photography in Botswana
- Do some paleo work in the field
5 3 Places I've Lived:
- Central New Jersey
- Another place in central New Jersey
- About 5 blocks away from the last place in central New Jersey, in the same city
5 Jobs I've Had:
- Blockbuster Video customer service rep. (twice!)
- Target customer service rep. (twice!)
- Waiter at Chili's
- Traffic division maintenance assistant for a local police dept.
- "Research assistant" at the IR-4 Project
Dude! Get out of Jersey!
Oh, I worked at Chili's as well. Sucked majorly but, the free chips and salsa were great!
Umm, if you were Emo back then perhaps you were just catching the tail end of "goth."
Mike; I remember it as being a bit different. Just kind of sad, socially isolated, but more of a "Woe is me, I don't have a girlfriend" sort of thing. The goth kids were more into metal and shocking people, whereas I was just sad most of the time (it was not long after that I first started hearing Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, The Get Up Kids, etc.)
All right Brian, i took up challenge: http://other95.blogspot.com/2008/11/5-things-meme.html