(Okay, I admit this is a pure plug. You've now been warned.)
My department is hosting an open house for prospective graduate students September 18-19 here in West Lafayette. If you have been thinking about doing a PhD in engineering education at Purdue, here's your opportunity to:
- interact with current engineering education grad students
- chat with faculty about research opportunities and ideas
- check out Purdue and Lafayette/West Lafayette.
- come to a departmental seminar that yours truly organizes
- tour the Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering (where our department is located), as an added bonus. ;-)
If you register in advance, we'll also give you $200 towards your travel/visit expenses.
RSVP by September 10 -- the instructions and additional information including travel details are in this link.
(The plug is now over. Whew!)
I'm a Purdue Grad (2001 BS Math, 2004 MS Industrial Engineering). Having just toured the Neil Armstrong building with one of the professors there, I can say that this is not something you should pass up! Purdue is a great place! If I wasn't totally in love with my job, I would go back and get my PhD in Engineering Education.