With a few exceptions, I'll call blogs dormant if there hasn't been a post in 2011.
- 2010 World Science Festival Blog (Dormant, 1 post in 2011)
- A Few Things Ill Considered
- A Vote for Science (dormant)
- Art of Science Learning
- Brazillion Thoughts (1 post in 2011)
- Built on Facts
- Brookhaven Bits & Bytes
- Casaubon's Book
- Class M
- Common Knowledge (1 post in 2011)
- Confessions of a Science Librarian
- The Corpus Callosum (pseudonymous)
- Dean's Corner
- denialism blog (dormant)
- Developing Intelligence (dormant)
- Discovering Biology in a Digital World
- Dispatches from the Creation Wars (partially moved to Freethoughtblogs)
- DrugMonkey (pseudonymous)
- Dynamics of Cats
- Evolution for Everyone
- Greg Laden's Blog
- Guilty Planet (moved to SciAm site)
- Mike the Mad Biologist (pseudonymous)
- Life at the SETI Institute
- Life Lines
- Molecule of the Day (dormant, 1 post in 2011)
- Neurophilosophy (moved to The Guardian site)
- Neurotopia (pseudonymous, 1 post in 2011)
- Observations of a Nerd (moved to SciAm site)
- The Omnibrain (pseudonymous)
- On Becoming a Domestic and Laboratory Goddess (gone indie)
- Page 3.14
- Oscillator (moved to SciAm site)
- Pharyngula (mostly moved to Freethoughtblogs)
- Photo Synthesis (dormant)
- The Pump Handle
- Respectful Insolence (pseudonymous, but real name not hard to find)
- Science is Culture (dormant)
- The ScienceBlogs Book Club (dormant)
- ScienceBlogs HQ (dormant)
- The Scientific Activist (dormant)
- The Scientific Indian (closed)
- Starts With A Bang
- Tetrapod Zoology (moved to SciAm site)
- Thoughts from Kansas
- The Thoughtful Animal (moved to SciAm site)
- Tomorrow's Table
- Uncertain Principles
- USA Science & Engineering Festival: The Blog
- We, Beasties
- The Weizmann Wave
- The World's Fair
- Zooillogix (dormant)
I may have missed a couple of other cases of pseudonymous blogging or maybe a move or something, so please feel free to offer corrections in the comments.
Im not anon ;)
Thanks. I've fixed that.
"A vote for science" was an election cycle thing. I suppose we could bring it back. Maybe "cyclic/seasonal" is a better tag for that one.
I had never heard of that Sciencblogs HQ thing. It seems to have ever had only one post.
Maybe I shoudl do it myself instead of griping, but a list of who is not on sciblogs anymore and where they are would be better. It would help drive traffic to the people who have left.
... the latest round of departures seemingly immanent ...
No, such leave-takings, as a matter of going beyond rather than within, must be considered otherwise: but as some are highly visible, we might describe them as eminently transcendent...